INFORMATION TO PARADE PARTICIPANTS
WELCOME TO THE EVERGREEN RODEO PARADE!
The parade begins moving at approximately 10:00 A.M. and concludes at approximately 12:30 P.M. The parade ends at the east end of Evergreen, at the intersection of Meadow Drive and SH 74. Participating parade units may disperse after passing well beyond that intersection or may return to the staging area or parking locations.
(1) Do NOT throw candy or anything else to spectators. Walkers may hand things to parade spectators. This rule is enforced to keep children from darting in front of vehicles and horses.
(2) Animals in participating parade units must be harnessed, leashed, or contained.
(3) Only vehicles driving in the parade are allowed on the frontage road. Use other parking options, and walk to the staging area.
(4) Adults should accompany children walking the frontage road to assigned staging positions.
Staging process and Check-in
- You will receive via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) an assigned staging position number, unique to your entry unit (which may include multiple vehicles/trailers, horses, walkers, etc.) Please print the number position page and bring it, and tape, with you to the staging area. Additionally, staging position numbers will be posted at www.evergreenrodeo.com/parade by June 14.
- Staging of participating units begins at 8:00 A.M. If you arrive for staging after 9:00 A.M., you may be moved from your assigned staging position to the end of the parade.
- To arrive at the initial staging point, located at Troutdale Scenic Drive and SH 74, you must be headed south on Evergreen Parkway [SH 74] toward Evergreen. Move to the right shoulder of SH 74, uphill (north) of Troutdale Scenic Drive and downhill (south) of Safeway. At Troutdale Scenic Drive, the initial staging point, a volunteer will direct you to your assigned staging location -- based on your assigned staging position number.
- If traveling north from Evergreen, you may NOT turn left from SH 74 to any staging area entrance point. While headed uphill (north), you must pass the intersection of SH 74 and Troutdale and turn around in order to head south.
- The frontage road will be open only to vehicles and people participating in the parade procession. It may NOT be used for dropping off participants and supplies. You MAY temporarily park on the west shoulder of SH 74 to drop off participants and supplies.
- Upon reaching the end of the parade route, please keep moving so as to not block other parade participants behind you.Parents should NOT pick up children until they are well past the end point of the parade route.
- Parade participants may return to staging area using Meadow Drive, but you should anticipate congestion as the parade is ending.
- Colorado State Patrol troopers will direct traffic as needed. Please obey their direction.
- Downtown Evergreen will close to traffic between approximately 9:45 A.M. and 12:30 P.M.
- For detours around the parade route, refer to the maps at evergreenrodeo.com/parade/traffic.
- For ADA disabled individuals, there is a small lot west of the Church of the Transfiguration at the east end of town reserved for their use.
- For horse trailer parking, use the lots at the Elks Lodge, 27972 Iris Drive, or Lutheran Church, 28253 Meadow Drive. Walk horses up Meadow Drive, across SH 74, and stage in Christ the King's parking lot -- not the RTD lot.
- All horses will be held in the parking lot of Christ the King Church until a volunteer directs their movement to the parade entry unit before 10:00 A.M. when the parade will begin.
- We need your help – please clean up after your animals. Please ensure you have the items with you to be able to clean up any “accidents” during the parade.
If you have questions, contact email@example.com.
Here are the assigned staging numbers for the 2018 Parade: